Monday, March 9, 2009

Relief, and the potty

No, these two subjects aren't actually related, but I thought I'd write about them at the same time. Last week, Stephen said "potty" for the first time. Like a dummy, I asked him if he needed to GO to the potty, and he said no, and went off to play. Of course, no more than 5 minutes passed before he needed a new diaper (I won't go into detail...), so obviously, he DID need to potty. Suffice it to say, I won't make that mistake again! If he says it, we're going!

Today, Stephen woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He was cranky all morning, and by the time noon rolled around, I thought he might be tired, and want a nap. So I asked him if he wanted to go take a nap, and he just looked at me with such relief in his eyes, and said, "aaaap," nodding his head. I hope he starts to understand soon that if he just TELLS us what he wants, it won't take so long for us to figure it out! But, I supposed it's a learning process for all of us...

No comments: