Monday, March 23, 2009

Minor setback...

Well, we had a minor setback in the big boy bed conversion. As it turns out, the rail we bought is just not compatible with our crib, so I am ordering one tonight. It should be here in less than a week, and I called to confirm that it will work. This is still preferable to spending several hundred dollars on the conversion kit that is for our crib... Stephen was sad about not getting to sleep in his big boy bed tonight. He was asking about bed in a sad voice when he saw us putting the front back on the crib. And it would have been the perfect night for it, since he decided he didn't want to take a nap, and fell asleep tonight 5 minutes after he laid down. Oh well!

Yesterday, I went to the Just Between Friends consignment pre-sale. I was a consigner, so I got in before the general public. If any of my 5 readers have not heard of this sale, you should look it up. It's a great place to sell your kids' stuff that they don't use any more, and buy stuff that they will use. I know that there is a sale in Tucson (and I think it was last weekend - sorry!), and there is one starting in the Seattle area soon. That franchise is actually owned and run by my cousin, Nina! And her sister in law does the Tucson sale.

I got Stephen this:

It normally takes Stephen a few days to warm up to a new toy, especially if it doesn't make any noise or light up, but he took to this right away! He hasn't done anything with the blocks (it has MegaBloks inside!!) yet, but I'm sure he will soon. He pushed this around quite a bit this morning.

And the other great things today were these: we went to The Home Depot, and Stephen walked all by himself while we were in the store with no hand-holding! AND when I asked him if he wanted to go outside for a walk, he said, "I go out!" YAY!!

No comments: