Thursday, December 6, 2012

Feeling better!

I'm going to spare you all of the sad pictures of Stephen while he was in the hospital.... he's feeling MUCH better now, but isn't still 100%.  The scope found that not only had the adenoids grown back, but they were ENORMOUS!  The surgeon also found that the lingual tonsils were enlarged, and he cut those down too.  Stephen's oxygen saturation levels were between 95 and 100% while we were at the hospital, even while he was sleeping, which means that surgery was a success!  


Stephen went to school for a few hours today, because he was bored being at home, but I'll pick him up before lunch, since he's still not eating a normal, solid diet yet, and I didn't want to send him to school with a lunch he probably wouldn't eat.  As for his sleeping... it's better, but not yet great.  I think he's just used to getting up during the night, so that is continuing, but now we know it's behavioral, so we'll work past it.  

I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to my Dad who came out for the week to help while Stephen was recovering.  I was able to keep going to school, which was important, while Stephen needed to stay home still, and it allowed me to be able to maintain what little bit of sanity I still have, and allowed Erik to work as well.  THANKS, DAD!!!

No comments: