Thursday, January 7, 2010

We went to Indiana (and Michigan, too)!

The day after Christmas, we woke up super early, and braved the very icy roads to get to the airport for our 7:15am flight to Midway. Since we'd gotten so much snow on the 24th, many of the airport parking lots were closed, but we were able to park off-site and take a shuttle in with 20 other people. We made it to Chicago without incident, and then drove to Granger, IN to Uncle Adam and Aunt Erin's house!

The next day, we went out sledding!

Stephen went down the hill a few times with his Dad and Grandpa Rick!
And then Uncle Adam took him for a run, which he LOVED!

Inside, Stephen and Zachary enjoyed playing with Stephen's laptop.

And Stephen and Uncle Adam bonded over football. No, we didn't plan the outfits, but it is pretty funny!

Stephen and Zachary went out in the sled together on a different day, and Stephen was very patient with his baby cousin squished on to his lap.

We were dressed to support our beloved Wildcats in the Holiday Bowl, but they were woefully outplayed by Nebraska. But we are proud fans anyways!

Great-grandma Heine joined us all for a few days. This was the first time that she had seen Stephen, and the first time that we had all been together since Adam and Erin were married 5 years ago!

In case you can't tell, Stephen LOVES his laptop, and it enabled him to be patient while we were waiting for dinner on New Year's Eve.
Stephen has also discovered a love of taking photos with Mommy's camera. He particularly enjoyed doing it in the car, so we now have dozens of pictures of the left shoulder of whomever was sitting in the passenger seat at the time he was taking them. As you can tell by the angle, he took the photo below.
Adam introduced Erik to the Wii. I played a bit too, and while we both had a good time, we decided to wait until Stephen can play with us too before making an investment.
We went out into the snow to sled for one last time. As you can see, it was snowing and very cold, so it was our last time out in it. We still had a lot of fun, though!
We had a really great trip, and got home on Sunday. Unfortunately, our suitcases did not arrive on our same flight, but it worked out better that way, so that we didn't have to worry about wrangling the luggage, carry-ons, and a non-napping 3 year old! We got back to the house, and got Stephen to bed, to prepare him for his first day of.... PRESCHOOL!! More on that later, though!

1 comment:

Aunt Beth said...

Wonderful pictures!

It looks like a great time was had by all!