Sunday, May 6, 2012

I finally gave in and downloaded Google Chrome so I could blog again.  I'm sorry I don't have a lot of pictures to share, but all of this PLAYING doesn't leave a lot of time for my paparazzi habit.  So I'll start with a cute picture of Stephen coming up for air at swim lessons.  The aquatics director said that as soon as Stephen is able to come up for air WHILE he's swimming, instead of just holding his breath, he can move up to the next class.  YAY!

 Yesterday, Erik was at graduation activities all day, so I'd been talking to Stephen about us going to the zoo.  He'd woken up a little early, so I was just letting him play until he decided he was ready to go.  I was reading the newspaper, and Stephen came over to me, and said, "gooooo zooooo." We are SO PROUD of our little buddy for not just using his voice, but for communicating SO WELL!

We spent most of our time in the children's zoo area.  Stephen didn't believe me that there was something in this exhibit.  We kept looking for it, but it was hard to see - I think it was a spider, if I recall correctly.
 Then we went to the petting zoo.  There were a few goats that were just insistent that they sit on benches and chairs.  Stephen sat down next to this guy, and gave him a good pat on the bottom.
 After the petting zoo, we decided to go on the zoo tram, which we'd never done before.  It was a nice, relaxing tour around the zoo, and we learned a little more about the exhibits that we'd never known before.  Our favorite thing to see was the baby giraffe with his parents - he was born in January this year, and is already over 7 feet tall!!
That's basically all we've been up to for now, but we'll have a lot of exciting adventures when Stephen gets out of school for the summer!

No comments: