Saturday, June 5, 2010


I've been a bad blogger, and I apologize. We've had a very busy month!!

Since I've been remiss in my updates, I'll start waaaaaaay back at Mother's Day. On his last day of school before Mother's Day, Stephen brought this pot home for me. I watered it, and left it in the sun, and grass began to grow!

On Mother's Day, we spent some time at Grand Lake, in NE Oklahoma, with my parents. The best part of the day was spending a few hours out on a boat, which Stephen just LOVED!!!

Stephen also discovered video games while we were there. He LOVED pretending to drive the cars!! We didn't actually put any money in, since he couldn't reach the pedals, but he liked to steer.

Erik and Stephen and I returned home from the lake that Tuesday, and the following Sunday, we got a HUGE surprise! Around 4pm that afternoon, the rain started. And then came the hail... This was a big pile up by our garage door. We ended up getting about 30 minutes of golf ball sized hail.

These were the divets left in our lawn. It was BIG hail.

Thanks to our homeowner's insurance, we will be getting a new roof this summer, as well as having our siding repaired/repainted and a broken window fixed. Our A/C compressor was damaged as well, but luckily that appears to just be cosmetic, because we NEED our A/C - it's HOT!!

After getting all of the insurance stuff taken care of, Mom, Dad, and I began work on some much-needed kitchen updating. One of our cabinet doors fell off last fall, when the hinge broke in half. So, we decided to replace ALL of the cabinet hardware. As you might imagine, replacing 45 year old hardware had it's issues, but in the end, thanks to some wonderful labor, we have new hardware, and even replaced the lazy susan in our pantry with some slide-out shelving!!


On May 25th, Stephen had his heart catheter procedure. They ran the line up through his groin (as you can kind of see in this picture), and inserted a 10mm mesh plug into an 8mm hole. The surgeon said that Stephen did perfectly, and when it was checked again in the morning, it was just perfect. Aside from a little soreness and bruising on his right leg, Stephen has recovered completely from this experience.

School is now over for Stephen for the year, and Erik only teaches summer school 4 days a week, so Stephen has been enjoying some quality Daddy-Wrestling time.

So, as you can see, we've been awfully busy, so it's been hard to find time for blogging. I'd much rather find time for this:

No comments: